Equipment for Wrestlers
- Wrestlers are required to use singlets or fight shorts & shirt with the standard DYS Thunder design for all competitions
- Head gear is required
- Wrestling shoes are required
- Mouth guards are required when braces are evident
- Please put the athlete's name on shoes and headgear - kids leave them in the room all the time
Mandatory DYS Uniforms
- Uniforms are a separate purchase and not included in registration fees.
- Parents may purchase uniforms either:
- Directly with the vendor online at GrappleMonster. Orders must be made by TBD (we are working with the venor to extend this date).
- DYS Wrestling - The wrestling club has some inventory of uniforms available for purchase. More details will be available soon.
- Uniform ordering notes:
- DYS parents only need to buy one type of uniform (singlet or fight gear)
- Sizes for either singlets or fight gear are based on wrestler's weight, if your child is within 5 pounds of the next size, we recommend purchase of the next larger size.
- If there is any doubt on whether or not uniforms will fit, then we suggest you purchase one-piece singlets because they stretch more than the two-piece fight gear.
DYS Fight Shorts/Compression Shirt and Singlet Designs
- Head gear (mandatory for competitions)
- Head gear that minimizes concussions
- Shoes (mark names and numbers on them)
- suggest ASICs due to a wider foot and rubber on sides of shoes
- purchases on one of many online ASICs sources ~ click here
- suggested options for new kids include: Matflex
- suggested options for experienced kids include: JB-Elite, Snapdown, Cael
- purchases may be made at Play-It-Again Sports in Leesburg who carries new and used shoes
- purchases at Dick's Sporting Goods ~ click here
- all major sporting goods stores carry new shoes
- Top Of The Podium private wrestling facility in Sterling VA carry new shoes (Adidas)
- Hair nets ~ are required for anyone with hair touching their necks, and purchased separately by parents
Ancillary Equipment (not mandatory)
- Sweat shirt with hood to keep warm during cold days in the gym
- Sweat pants to keep warm in gym while sitting in between matches
- Cleat Skin Shoe Covers that go over wrestling shoes allowing wrestlers to walk around off-mat protecting shoes from infectious bacteria and restroom floor ~ click here
- Knee pads to protect knees from "skinning"
Other Equipment (recommended)
- Nail clippers and liquid disinfectant to clip all finger nails before tournaments and wipe hands, elbows, knees, and foreheads after wrestling matches
- Sharpies to mark all your equipment with phone numbers
- Back pack to carry your stuff (with name and phone number)
- Disinfectant spray for shoes
- Hand wipes and anti bacterial wipes for hands, fingers, foreheads, elbows, etc
- Water bottles (mark names on it)~ wrestlers are encouraged to bring their own water bottles to stay hydrated before, during, and after practices and matches