As of September 17, 2021
Winter season practices start the first week of November, 2021 for All Youth Wrestlers
Winter Program for Season 2021 - 2022
- Winter season period: November - February
- Comprised of boys and girls, grades 1-8, beginners and advanced
- Assigned to practice groups based on birth dates:
- Blue Room (primarily 5th - 8th Grades plus advanced younger wrestlers)
- Gold Room (primarily 6th - 8th Grade, beginner wrestlers)
- Silver Room (primarily 3rd & 5th Grades)
- Black Room (new wrestlers, primarily 1st & 2nd Grades)
- Kindergarden must be approved by Head Coach and Commissioner
- Note that DYS may combine or split age divisions for practices based on coaches, skill level and athlete weight
- Generablly compete on Sundays and some Saturdays in the Top of the Podium (TOP) Winter Wrestling Series (WWS) January through February (note, TOP has not updated the WWS due to COVID-19)
- Black Room is designed to introduce athletes to wrestling - its meant to be fun with only one practice per week. Black Room atheltes do not compete in the WWS tournament series.
- During 2021 - 2022, practices will be align as follows:
- Blue Room - Three practices per week at Top of Podium.
- Gold Room - 2 practices per week. Depending on the number of athletes, practices will be at Independence High School or Top of the Podium - We will advise in late October.
- Silver Room - 2 practices per week at Top of the Podium.
- Black Room - 1 practice per week Sunday evening at Top of the Podium.
- Compete in a season-end final TOP Championship tournament for those that quailfy
- Select wrestlers may possibly compete in a one-day Dulles Duals tournament (details TBD)
Practice Group Assignments:
- Typically posted before the start of the November practices
- Assignments to rooms are based on birth dates and skill levels
- Schedule, room assignments and all tournaments suject to change without notice
Wrestling Competition Venues:
Registration Fee Structure:
- Black Room (new wreslters in K - 2nd Grade) is $150 for the season
- Silver, Gold and Blue Room (3rd - 8th Grade) is $275
- Earlybird registration period ends midnight (N/A for 2021 - 2022 seaon)
- Late registration period adds $25 late fee starting November 15, 2021
- Costs for uniforms and equipment are extra
- Registration costs include most but not all league competition entry fees (there are some events considered to be outside of the normal league competition series such as holiday specialty events)
- $275.00 for the “Standard" program with Saturday / Sunday league competitions included at TOP. End of year tournments and other speciality tournments may incur additional cost
Sponsorships and Financial Offsets:
- Families may get kids registered at no cost by collecting $500 in total from sponsors