Dulles Youth South Basketball
Player Code of Conduct
This League is designed to be an instructional league, one that will benefit all the players and parents not
just a select few. The following codes of conduct will be strictly enforced throughout the season.
In order to ensure that the principles of sportsmanship, fair play, skill development, and mutual respect
among players, coaches, officials and spectators are the primary considerations governing competition in
Dulles Youth South Basketball, the following Code of Conduct has been established and adopted.
Each player will ensure that his/her playing conduct is that of a young lady or gentleman fairly competing
to the limit of his/her ability. To satisfactorily meet these responsibilities, the player is expected to:
1. Know the rules and abide by them.
2. Respect the game officials and refrain from addressing them or commenting on their decisions during
the play of the game. The game captain or designate may address the officials during the game but only
within the provisions of the rules and in a courteous, respectful manner.
3. Maintain control of his/her emotions, avoiding the use of abusive language or profanity, humiliating
remarks, and/or gestures of ill temper, and physical assault upon another player at any time.
4. Respect the coaches and players of the opposing team and demonstrate appropriate gestures of
sportsmanship at the conclusion of game. Be humble and generous in victory. Be proud and courteous in
5. Follow all building rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of others. Be aware that
there is to be no shooting at baskets during time outs or intermission of games that are in progress.
Before each game only the teams warming up for the next game should be shooting at the baskets.
6. Realize, accept, and practice the principle that a team’s reputation is built not only on its playing ability
but also on the sportsmanship, courtesy and manners of each individual player.