Dulles Youth Sports Track and Field
You may start receiving emails from firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to the emails from this web site.
https://www.facebook.com/DullesYouthSportsTrack is our new facebook page! It is still a rough draft.
April charges have been billed to everyone's accounts.
The google form is being sent so everyone can order uniforms.
Another form to gather interest for attending a regional meet has been sent as well.
Our info session is 4/1 at 6 pm at Lunsford.
Our first practice is 4/6. Grades 1 - 3 should arrive at 6 pm and grades 4-8 should arrive at 6:45.
Remember to check the instructions on how to receive emails from the DYS web site.
Health guidelines are also available.
Practices: Tuesday and Thursday 6:00 - 8:00 pm.
* Children in grades 1 through 3 should come to Lunsford at 6 PM with practice ending by 7 PM.
* Children in grades 4 to 8 should come at 6:45 and practice will end at 8 PM.
* Bring a clearly labeled water bottle and make sure you have running shoes. You do not need spikes.
Location: Lunsford Middle School, South Riding Tues/Thurs 6-8 PM.
Practices on Saturday’s 4/10, 4/24, 5/8, 5/22 4:00pm-6:00pm at Freedom
Season : April - May
Meets: towards end of April and May plus additional internal practice meets at Freedom high school.
If regional meets are not available we will substitute with in-house meets.
Cost : See this page for special 2021 instructions.
Coaches: TrueAP professional trainers and DYS coaches
for any additional information. Our aim is always to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all athletes while still providing one of the best levels of quality instruction in the area.
Track and Field
The Track and Field program will be for grades 1 - 8 and professionally lead by trainers from TrueAP. Events covered include:
- Short distances - 100, 200, and 400 meters
- Middle distances - 800, 1500 meters
- Long distance - 3000 meters
- Relays - 4x100, 4x400
- Hurdles - 100, 400 meters
- Jumps - Introduction to long jump and high jump
- Field events - Introduction to shotput, discus, javelin
All track and field participants will participate in two regional competitive meets. Full details will be communicated directly to the team via email.